It is not unusual for a company to run low on stock of certain items and be required to backorder part of a customer's order. If this happens frequently enough, a large number of order remnants can accumulate on file with backorders on each one. It can be a tedious process to access each order individually once stocks are replenished in order to change the backorders to shippable.
This application provides the facility to automatically fill existing backorders for an item at a specific location. It also provides for the option of manually filling one backorder at a time, should the user opt for more control over which specific backorders are to be filled.
Select Fill Backorders from the pull down COP Processing menu. The following screen will then be displayed
Fill Backorders Entry Screen
The following options are available:
* Select the desired mode from the Fill Backorders menu bar
* If you choose to manually fill one backorder at a time, you will be requested to enter the item number, warehouse location, if you wish to fill backorders for picked orders and the first order number you wish to process. The program will find that order and verify that it does contain a backorder for the item and location specified, then display information about the order. You will then be requested to enter the quantity of the back ordered amount you wish to fill. The program will update the proper amount to ship and if any new quantity still on backorder. You may then enter another order number to fill for the same item and location or you may end and start with a new item and/or location.
* The program will determine whether or not there is any excess quantity on hand for that item at that location and, if there is, that amount will display near the bottom of the screen, along with the total quantity of that item backordered at that location.
* If you choose to fill backorders automatically, enter the item number, warehouse location and if you wish to fill backorders for picked orders. The program will go through all the backorders, filling each complete, until there is no more excess quantity of the item available or until it runs out of backorders to fill.
* For each backordered item that is filled, a record will be kept on file in the Audit Trail. This report may be accessed through Backorder Audit Trail Report application in the Reports pull down window.
To return to the menu bar, press the ESC or F10 key. To leave this application, press X for EXIT when positioned at the menu bar.
Entry Field Descriptions
Manually Fill Backorders
Automatically Fill Backorders